Friday, July 31, 2009

Things Can Only Go Up From Here

I have had one of the worst weekends!!! Everything goes at once.

1)While out on the weekend we got in the rain storm. No biggie, I thought. Well much to my surprise my husband thought it would be cool to plow through a puddle. Next thing I know the SUV is dead. Well we were sitting outside McDonalds - took the kids into eat. An hour later we come out. Try to start the SUV and much to my surprise it is still dead. Phone my dad which happens to be his Birthday. For an hour we try to get the SUV going with my kids in the back seat. No success! Left a note in the window for the tow truck driver. Time to transfer my two kids and all of our belongins to my dad`s car, where he preceeds to drive us home.

2)Get home. Kids are all in bed. I head to the master to change. I notice a huge puddle on the floor. Lovely!!! Found out my roof is toast and was leaking; another bill I don't want. To top it all off came downstairs to find my hot water tank gave and we had a flood to deal with.

3)I also have a broken key on my keyboard. Of all keys the "F" key is broken. Yes feel free to make fun *lol* I am ordering a new key kit.

Monday comes along and I speak to the mechanic shop. After hours of figuring out what was wrong they tell me the motor is no good! Excuse me?! Now I am fuming - not only have I had the weekend from hell I am now being told my SUV is going to need a motor. After shopping around we got a quote of $3400 - are you kidding me? Where am I going to come up with that kind of money. Not only to mention we aren't going to have the SUV for a week with all of the work that needs to be done along with getting the motor ordered in. At this point my husband is starting to look like he would be better as a shish kabob. If he evers pull another stunt like this again he may become a shish kabob. *lol*

I am starting to think if things continue to go this badly you may have to find me with the men and the white jackets..

You tell me, can things only go up from here?? I truly hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment